Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Showing her artsy side

Yesterday, wanting to spend some quality time with Caitlin, we headed up to Delta (20 miles north) to go to a Paint-Your-Own Pottery studio called "Fat Cat Pottery". We stopped by my mom's house to invite her along and away the three "girls" went. I decided that I wanted to showcase both Caitlin's artistic ability and how much she's grown so we decided to have her paint a 4 x 6 tile and then pressed her handprint in a darker color on top of her painting. I can't wait to see what it looks like after it's been fired and glazed. We will have to go pick it up next week. I plan on making this at least a yearly ritual and am kicking myself for not doing it when she was younger. Oh well, better late than never as the saying goes. Caitlin had a l0t of fun painting with a brush, sponge and "polka dot maker" but honestly, I think she was more captivated by the dish of water than anything else! Funny side note, my mom & I both meant to take pictures of this outing but, I flat-out forgot my camera at home and my mom left hers in my car so, we will just have to go back and recreate the memories! I promise to post pictures of Caitlin's creation when we get it back. I also made a piece but you'll have to wait and see what it is.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails