Sunday, October 12, 2008

Change, it's good right?

I finally bit the bullet and converted my blog to the new customized (read: XML) template. It was a pain in the butt to get everything transferred over, but I have to admit that I'm in love with the widget option and the ability to easily change the layout of the page.
Some of the new changes that you'll see:

1. Obviously, a totally new "skin". It was time for a change and I finally realized why those spiffy layouts from pyzam.com weren't working, so I was stuck with Blogger's limited options.

2. A much-improved blog roll list. It's very click-able and alphabetized for your convenience. Check out my frequent reads, they are just great.

3. A new look to my Flickr "badge". Technically, it's not from Flickr anymore but rather an application created for use among Blogger's widgets. Granted, it's not as pretty as Flickr's create-a-badge, but it gets the job done. Now, if someone wants to rewrite the Flickr badge code into XML for me, I'd be more than happy to use Flickr's. In the meantime, you'll see 6 of the new photos on my account and clicking on one photo will still take you to my photostream on Flickr...so, it's all good.

4. Bye bye Weather Pixie and hello Weather.com widget. I will miss my mountain pixie but, at the end of the day, the weather is the weather.

5. My "About Me" profile is displayed on the page now so you'll get to read a bit about me, not that you didn't already know it, and see my cool signature picture.

Have fun looking around and be sure to drop me a comment and let me know what you think. Hopefully, my hard work paid off.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I Like It! Good customized template - like the way things are arranged - like the new "skin" - like the profile on left column about you - it's draws the reader's attention with the cute little icon on top (swinging sign).

Things are just really organized well and attractive.

Your hard work shows good results.

Judy said...

Oooh, cool! I'm totally freaked about even changing my template because I'll probably lose everything "extra" on my blog! LOL

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails