Monday, November 14, 2005

What do you get?

I've been having a hard time this year, in deciding what to get Caitlin for Christmas. She's too young for "toddler" toys but too big for a Power Wheel and all of the "in" electronic toys. After much thought, I think I've found the perfect solution. A Disney Princess themed room. It is all about Cinderella & Snow White at our house. We watch both movies over & over again, Caitlin was Snow White for Halloween and can spot her favorite princesses from yards away.
Anyway, here is part of what she is going to get--look at this. Lillian Vernon also has Disney Princess bookshelves and other "accessories". Her bedroom will be fit for any princess soon.

Speaking of bedrooms--I think we are about to undergo a renovation of sorts in Caitlin's room. This morning, when Caitlin woke up, she handed all of her stuffed animals, blankets and pillows to me. With my hands full, I asked her how she was going to get out of her crib. She looked at me and said, "Like this...". Then, in three quick motions, she had both legs over the side of her crib with her butt resting on the "bar". Then she said, "1...2...3..." and jumped to the ground. I'm sure the look on my face was priceless. I didn't know whether to be proud or upset. Honestly, I'm not sure that Caitlin realizes that climbing out is an option, but I don't think it will be long before she'll come in at 2 o'clock in the morning and tug on my arm. Before we know it, we will be converting her crib into a toddler bed. I'll leave the construction to Ben!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails