Friday, July 22, 2005

Hats Off To You, Baby?!


Posted by Picasa
It's happened--Caitlin had her two year
Well Baby check up earlier this week. Here
are her stats:
  • Height: 35 3/4" She was just about to the end of nurse's height thingamabob. 92% percentile for height. Gee, I wonder where she gets that from?!
  • Weight: 26#, up about 2 pounds from her last visit. Caitlin has never been a "chunky" baby and this was just fine with her doctor. She is in the 50% percentile for weight which is right where an active toddler should be. I swear though, it feels like Caitlin weighs much more when I'm balancing her on one hip and a load of groceries in the other hand.
  • Head circumference: 50.2cm I think she was in the 95% perecentile for that. Again, no clue where she gets her big head from!

Her upper and lower canines are working on coming in. She never does teeth one at a time, but in bunches. Once she gets these 4 in, I believe she will have all of her baby teeth.

Her rate at day care is going to drop from $22 to $19 a day because she is no longer classified as an infant.

When did this happen?! No warning, nothing! Denial is a powerful thing, especially for us mommies. First, we want them to grow up and learn to do new things and then, when we realize that they are growing up, we want them to be infants again. There are moments when I want to trade Caitlin in for a newer model. Ben has to remind me that we didn't lease Caitlin and no, she didn't come with a money-back guarantee. I've come to realize that if the journey has been this rewarding, the future can only be more so...bring it on. I will greet her accomplishments, mishaps, giggles and tears head on--but with a few tears, no doubt.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails