Monday, April 04, 2005

Good Reads

I thought that I would start up a weekly (hopefully) blurb about some good books/magazines or articles that I've stumbled across. Given my profession as a librarian, this seems fitting, don't you think?

Pick of this week...for all of you parents of toddlers out there (or soon-to-be-toddlers), I present *drumroll* What to Expect: The Toddler Years. As much as I complained about the original title in this series (can cause parents to freak out and call their pediatrician at all hours of the day), I have to give the editors credit on this sequel. It is informative and entertaining without being too alarming. Ben & I have found ourselves turning to this source whenever we find ourselves asking, "Why on earth is she doing that?" The book is in the familiar format of What to Expect When You're Expecting (month-by-month) but also have helpful sections on "Feeding Your Toddler" (when junior insists on eating nothing but dried mango) and a helpful toddler care primer. All in all, I'd have to give this book umm...3 Wiggles...our second highest rating. So, here is a link to the book. You can "skim" through the book online and see for yourself: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0894809946/qid=1112671978/sr=2-1/ref=pd_bbs_b_2_1/103-7416621-1486256

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails