Tuesday, August 19, 2008

ONE YEAR!

On the heels of my rather somber post, I had to tell of a reason that we have to--CELEBRATE! Sunday marked a year since Cara's shunt surgery--a year with no malfunctions or complications resulting from having the shunt placed in her head. In fact, most days, I completely forget that she does, indeed, have a foreign object implanted in her cute little skull. Our daughter has changed so much, for the better, since August 17th of last year, we can't even begin to compare or comprehend. I just want to shout out my thanks to Cara's medical team at Children's Hospital for doing a fantastic job as well as keeping close tabs on her since her surgery. Here's to many more trouble-free years with Cara's Codman Programmable shunt! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the 1st Year! Hoping for many more shunt hassle free years!

Anonymous said...

I think that is absolutely wonderful!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails