Monday, June 08, 2009
Chick Fil A, how we *heart* you!
Do you have a Chick Fil A near you? If so, maybe you'll understand my undying love for this fast food chain. We just recently discovered it thanks to a friend of ours who is also a fan. Let me attempt to list the reasons why this is our favorite low-cost destination (at least the two that we frequent).
1. The employees always seem glad to be there. They smile, are polite and friendly. I got called Ma'am the other day. I was talking to one of the girls who was off-shift and asked her if she genuinely liked her job and she said that she did, that her co-workers and the management are awesome. She's pregnant and they threw her a very nice baby shower.
2. They are closed on Sundays so that their employees can spend time with their families. What?! You mean, it's not all about the money?! Someone actually still cares about family values!
3. Someone brings your food out to you, comes around and asks if you need anything else. The last few times, a manager has come out with disposable place mats for the girls to eat on.
4. The food is good and inexpensive. We can feed our family for $20 and we like the options with the meals. In this day & age, getting the most for your buck is paramount.
5. They have some of the cleanest restrooms I've ever had the pleasure of being in.
6. The play area is clean and gets wiped down, throughout, twice a day and there are anti-bacterial wipes at the entrance.
7. Several times a month, Chick Fil A holds Family Fun Nights and other kid-geared activities. We've been to a Bingo Night and just recently, to a crown-making activity. In most cases, you can score a free or reduced cost meal for your child, just for showing up. We love to go and participate. It's good, cheap interaction for the girls. The other night, I fed the girls & I for...$9 including ice cream cones! Can't beat that. We plan to go back in a week or so for the "Prince & Princess Party". Part of the dining room will be set up like a castle. Should be fun for two girls who love to dress up and strut their stuff!
As long as we continue to have pleasant experiences, Chick Fil A will continue to get our patronage. To the managers and crew of our local joint, we love you guys!